This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to School of International Futures Ltd (“us”), on our websites soif.org.uk, nextgenforesight.org, squib.genet.io and nextgenstrategy.org (“the Sites”) will be processed by us.
We provide research, consultancy, training and advisory services (the “Services”).
When we say “you,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services. In the course of providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is School of International Futures, 49 Brick Lane, London, E1 6PU.
The Data protection officer is Peter Glenday. For any questions please contact Peter at email@example.com
Information we collect on this site
- This website has been set up for the National Strategy for the Next Generations project hosted by the School of International Futures.
- In its current iteration the site is being used to gather survey inputs. The survey requires us to capture certain personal and sensitive personal information.
- During registraiton, we ask for your email address and name. No other data is captured on registration, however you will be asked to opt-in to share additional information and opinions through the platform before completing any surveys or other exercises.
- You will be asked for demographic data, including age, sex, occupation, education, ethnicity,your nationality and the country where you live, as well as your personal views.
- All additional information is optional.
Information we may collect across all our sites
- Information you provide to us when you use our Services, send us an email, call our team, or post on our website. That information may include your name, IP address, physical address, email, address, phone number and other details like gender, occupation, nationality, social media and demographic information. We will use the information to provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Survey information that you provide on our website or accessed through an external survey provider. We sometimes use Surveymonkey or Typeform and you can read their privacy policies at surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy and typeform.com/privacy-policy. Surveys may be used for research or business development purposes. We also use our own survey platform on squib.genet.io and nextgenstrategy.org/ All surveys are optional, except for those that are required to be completed as part of an application to the Next Generation Foresight Practitioners awards.
- SOIFSpace. SOIF runs an online community for foresight practitioners “SOIFSpace”. We use an adapted version of the open source software Humhub, to deliver this functionality. For more information, please see Humhub’s privacy notice.
- Newsletters and CRM. We use third party providers, Mailchimp and Hubspot, to deliver our newsletters and other marketing email and to maintain a CRM. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice and legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy for Hubspot’s privacy notice..
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To deliver services that you have requested. Where necessary we mare share this information with a third party or with you if necessary.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts and other relevant financial correspondance. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To meet legal requirements, or to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
When you give us information about another individual for business purposes, you do so on the basis that the other individual has agreed and has consented to the processing of his or her personal data and to the transfer of his or her information abroad and to your receiving on his or her behalf any data protection notices.
If your details change or if you no longer wish to receive information or marketing from us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
If we need to transfer your personal information to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK we will put a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Access to your information
Under GDPR and the Data Protection Act you can access the personal information we hold on you. Any access request should be addressed to Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within the Sites linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 3 August 2020.